Online & Video Lessons
Can't Make Your Lesson in Person?
Ocean Opus offers the following Options:
Please be sure to follow the following steps in order to ensure a successful online lesson:
1. Ocean Opus Teachers teach online lessons on Zoom. Please download the Zoom app well before your first lesson. Your teacher will send you your Zoom meeting ID and password once your lesson time is agreed upon.
2. Music resources, lesson notes, and practice instructions will be shared through Evernote. Please be sure to download the app before your first online lesson starts.
3. Be ready for the lesson.
Tune your instrument.
Have all of your lesson materials in front of you.
Check your email to see if there are any special instructions from your teacher.
4. Find that perfect camera angle before you start. Your teacher should be able to see your hands and face in the same shot. - This may require some creative propping up of your camera.
5. Your teacher will call you at the start of your regular lesson time. Please be patient, as it is possible that they may be running a little behind.
Please be sure to follow the following steps in order to ensure a successful video lesson:
1. Music resources, lesson notes, and practice instructions will be shared through Evernote. Please be sure to download the app before your first online lesson starts.
2. Record yourself playing your assignment songs, warm-ups, scales etc. Video is preferred but you are also most welcome to send a link to a private YouTube or Vimeo account. If a video is not possible, you can send an audio recording.
3. Your teacher will then watch (or listen) to your recording at the start of your lesson time and use the remaining a lesson time to record instructions for the following week. By the end of your regularly scheduled lesson, your teacher will email you their video as well as a copy of their written lesson notes.